Suffolk, VA 23434
Develop the Database. Develop a preliminary database using Microsoft Access. Populate the preliminary database with an initial dataset for testing/validation and demonstration purposes
Database Implementation - The Database Designer shall implement the approved Database design on IT platform(s).
Develop appropriate process(es) and user guidance.
- A Data Entry Process will be developed to ensure completeness of entries and proper function of the Database.
- A set of standard Database reports shall be developed and implemented to allow users to readily access common data.
- A Database User Guide shall be developed to guide other users in all key Database features, functions, and processes, including but not limited to Database architecture, data entry, data access and export, and generation of standard and custom data reports.
Take the existing data sources and create complete and valid entries in the Database for each existing lesson learned, in accordance with the approved Data Entry Process. Each entry should stand alone to the greatest extent practicable.
- Convert existing data into the appropriate form for entry into the Database
- Document any issues with Database form or function which may become apparent during data entry.
- Perform research, design standards, and regulatory body requirements, as required, to ensure completeness of data entries and resolve any open technical questions raised by the lesson being entered.
Continuing Database Maintenance and Improvement Resolve emergent issues identified with the Database.
- Technical or functional issues with the currently implemented Database shall be resolved as quickly as possible to ensure continuing Database availability.