Newport News, VA 23606
CTR Group is seeking a Medical Billing Specialist in Newport News, VA.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Reports to the Billing Director and is responsible for working all outstanding AR and assisting patients with questions in regards to the filing of their claims.
- Process all outstanding claims for assigned patients.
- Handles all incoming calls from patients regarding their account and billing questions.
- Follows up with insurance or re-files on claims that should have been paid.
- Call insurance companies to verify claims that have been received.
- Re-file claims that have not been received.
- Send appeals on claims that require corrections.
- Add notes to account to inform others of what has been done on account.
- Review claims for refunds and fill out forms and copies of EOB s for refunds to be made.
- Runs reports at end of Month to balance Greenway.
- Assists as backup for pulling reports off for end of month.
- Assists other departments with insurance questions.
- Assists with posting payments.
- Assists with referrals and authorizations if needed.
- Balances the prior day receipts collected from all over the office.
- Assists with Pain Management authorizations.
- High School Diploma
- Certified Coder preferred, but not required.
- 7 yrs of Prior Billing experience required
? Competitive Pay
? Weekly Pay you receive a paycheck every week
? Comprehensive Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation and Holiday
CTR Group is a full service staffing firm with over 30 years of experience in placing skilled professionals. We employ recruiters with training and expertise in the medical field that are dedicated to connecting your talents to our client's needs. We have multiple clients with positions available and can help you choose the best fit!
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.