Senior Construction Estimator
Chester, VA 23836
CTR Group is seeking a Sr. Construction Mechanical Estimator in the Chester, VA area. Recently separated or retired military encouraged to apply!
- Pay rates starting at $65K-85K/yr!
- Excellent Benefits!
CTR Group is a full service staffing firm with over 30 years of experience in placing skilled trade's professionals. We employ a diverse team of recruiters that are dedicated to connecting your talents to our client's needs. We have multiple clients with positions available and can help you choose the best fit!
For Instant Consideration for this Sr. Construction Mechanical Estimator job in Chester, VA click Apply Now !
Not by a computer now? Feel free to TEXT US at 757-873-5900
- The Senior Construction Estimator performance of work requires advanced knowledge that is primarily intellectual in character, and involvement in work requires the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment. The Senior Construction Estimator will provide comprehensive-estimating services based upon bid plans, specifications and other documents. The estimate may be conceptual in nature or in detail based upon completed engineering and design. The estimate may be of a lump sum, time and material, or negotiated/fixed fee structure. The format may be manual, computer spreadsheet, word processor or commercially procured estimating program.
- The position requires the estimator to perform material take offs, material pricing, application of labor units and labor task items along with preparation of packages for subcontracted or outside services. The individual must have adequate experience to fully comprehend the requested scope of work, request additional information when needed and format the estimate in such a fashion as to allow management review. The Senior Construction Estimator will be required to coordinate with estimator(s) of different disciplines in defining scope boundaries and coordination of inputs. Also, he/she may be required to work on more than one estimate at a time.
- This position requires the active promotion and adoption of the tenets and principles of Assured Project Management throughout the team and company.
- Attends pre-bid meetings if needed.
- Reviews plans, drawings, and specifications to fully understand scope of work. Requests additional information or clarifications as necessary.
- Performs material take offs.
- Inputs material take off in appropriate format.
- Obtains material pricing and inputs into the estimate format.
- Inputs labor units against material take off.
- Input labor task items into estimate format when necessary.
- Prepare subcontractor scope packages, obtain pricing, review submitted scope, and input into estimate format.
- Modify estimate for final pricing.
- Prepare for final review all estimates/proposals to Division Manager.
- Experience in industrial and heavy commercial environments
- Familiar with spreadsheet or word processor software
- Knowledge of discipline construction means and methods
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Good communication skills
- Able to plan and organize work
- Able to work as a team or as individual with little supervision
- Focused on tasks with attention to detail
- Willing to seek help or guidance when necessary
- Disciplined in maintaining accurate records
For a complete job description please complete an application at www.Careers.Ctrc.Com
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.