Newport News, VA 23606 US
CTR Group is seeking Budget Analysts for our R&D client in Newport News, VA. They are interested in bringing on one or two contractor personnel to assist in the Budget Office. Requesting competency with any level of experience in budget/accounting tracking and reporting.
A Contract Position for 6 months
Salary Range: $54, 700.00 - $69, 300.00
Work Onsite 100% of the time.
You will develop, analyze and report the Company's budgets. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Interface and coordinate with Project and Activity Managers to assist in annual budget development, monthly cost reports/charts, and any other data analysis requested by the managers.
- Monitor and report performance against plans to ensure that cost and schedule objectives are met. Informing the Project/Activity managers on projections and variances in order to maintain spending constraints, particularly during annual Continuing Resolution periods of the Federal budget.
- Complete maintenance and updates to the Company's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- and 5 years of professional experience or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Demonstrated knowledge with the procedures of major functional areas of budget development, tracking, and reporting
- Experience with activity-based budgeting and costing including data analysis, developing standards, and managing processes
- Ability to think analytically and apply problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the general procedures of budget and financial functions
- Familiarity with Cost Accounting Standard
- Competence in the use of a personal computer and automated accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of excel spreadsheet and word processing software and use of Web based reporting
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to effectively solve problems
- Aanalytical, planning, organization, and conflict resolution skills
- Working knowledge of the unique requirements of operating in a DOE or government sponsored laboratory including required practices and cost allow ability desirable
- Deltek, Costpoint and Impromptu experience preferred.
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, Apply today and Check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.