CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, Apply today and Check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist in Hampton, VA.
Immediate openings and urgently hiring!
Type: Full-time, Direct Hire
Rate: up to $28/hour
- 10 years CNC Machining Experience
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Candidate must be a detail-oriented person and have a minimum of 10 years of experience, some of which should be in a job shop atmosphere
- Experience is required in the set-up and operation of vertical and horizontal machining centers and turning centers to manufacture parts to customer prints and specifications
- Must be able to operate manual lathes and mills
- Personnel shall be required to inspect work during machining operations to verify that quality standards are met or exceeded
- Ability to perform job set-up using planned fixtures is necessary
- A working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is desired
- Candidates must be able to perform minor program edits on Fanuc controlled CNC machines
- This person must be a self-starter and possess their own tools as well as able to communicate effectively with co-workers, programming personnel and supervision
Horizontal Mills, 4 Axis
SNK Ikegai NB130PH
Giddings & Lewis FTR 5000 Floor Type Horizontal Boring Mill 486-0014 with Tilting Ram Capability
Vertical Mills, 3 & 4 Axis
Miltronics MB20 - 3 Axis
Yama Seiki MB1460 - 3 Axis
Mori Seiki SMv-653 - 4 Axis (4th Axis Rotary)
Bridge Mills, 3 Axis
Mori Seiki SL-35 with Live Tooling
Daewoo 230 MS with Live Tooling and Bar Feed
Cincinnati Talon 208
Mitsubishi MV4800 Wire
Elox HRP64 Plunge/Ram EDM
Misc. Manual Lathes with Capacity to 40.0" x 144.0"
Misc. Manual Mills including Bridgeport Type Knee Mills
Surface Grinders to 16.0" x 20.0" X 40.0"
Saws including Missler Automatic Band with 16.0" x 16.0" Opening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The summary of the typical functions of the job description is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the employee is not limited to and may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties may be assigned by the client.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.