Norfolk, VA 23523 US
CTR Group is seeking an experienced Carpenter/Mechanic J4 for a Shipyard in Norfolk, VA.
Pay Rate: $25hr Plus $120 Per Diem for non-local candidate.
Performs intricate joins, carpentry repair tasks on and off boats with minimal supervision and where no detailed plans may be available.
- The carpenter is able to interpret marine vessel work orders and plan projects to include developing a bill of materials to complete the project.
- Job responsibilities range from the analytical (interpreting blueprints) to the practical (building and repairing ship parts).
- The job involves working with a variety of materials, such as wood, fiberglass, and aluminum.
- Ship carpenter job responsibilities include construction of ship parts and frames, structural assembly and repairs, the finishing of ship surfaces, and inspections of finished crafts.
- Carpenters may do some or all of the following:
study building plans and architectural drawings.
select building materials.
measure and cut materials to the right size and shape.
construct building frames and install cladding on the inside and outside of buildings.
install windows, staircases and doors.
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team. Apply today and check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.