Chesapeake, VA 23323
Commissioning Technician: Building Automation Systems
Location: Chesapeake, VA
A Temp-Hire position
Provide test, inspection, troubleshooting, and appropriate action to comply with company standards, accountable for full quality assurance for:
1) application programs for field controllers, sequence of operations,
2) graphical interfaces (GUI) and custom applications,
3) all installed devices, panels, communication networks,
4) overall building operation, for the integrity, comfort and safety of the occupants.
Provide accurate, timely reporting that will meet all Customer expectations.
Participate or coordinate project meeting on a regular basis.
Identify and define IT requirements that are site specific with personnel and customer IT experts.
To obtain certifications required by commissioning standards, and customers requirements.
Support to Field personnel for installation, and Customers for acceptance.
Meet project timelines without rework, and at budget.
Education or equivalent experience:
1) Post HS technical graduate or US Military experience BS in Computer Science, or related field to meet the requirements of this position,
2) Two years of experience with service or installation of Commercial Building Automation Systems (BAS) or with Direct Digital Controls,
3) Degree (accreditation) in Electrical or Mechanical with a minimum of 3 years equivalent experience
Working knowledge to include:
1) Schematics, construction drawings (and specifications),
2) HVAC / mechanical, and control device installation and operating sequences,
3) Troubleshoot process, procedures, and techniques for systems, sub-systems, and devices
4) Construction site safety,
5) Microsoft Office with high proficiency in Excel
EOE M/F #CB