Highland, IL 62249 US
Reports to: Electrical Engineering Manager
- Assist in establishing design criteria to meet customer requirements.
- Design unit per design specification or per sales design data or per individual customer specification.
- Coordinate electrical design with firmware/software engineer so the system will integrate properly.
- Supervise other engineers and technicians assigned to a particular project.
- Evaluate design concepts through a theoretical study, a breadboard and a prototype, having design reviews as necessary.
- Record design and test data.
- Release to Mechanical Engineering section when design has been confirmed, with approved schematics and electrical bill of materials.
- Use standard parts and circuits when possible and calculate stress information on all components used in design.
- Write Theory of Operation.
- Verify correctness of final schematics, printed circuit boards, and bill of material.
- Assist Technical Writer in writing manual and sales bulletin on products designed.
- Estimate material and engineering effort required on jobs being quoted as assigned by Supervisor.
- Keep current engineering estimate sheets and work schedules.
- Generate quotes in response to sales/marketing inputs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BSEE Degree or equivalent.
- Six years' electrical design experience.
- Travel as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job-related needs.
- Proficient computer skills.