CTR Group is seeking Machinists! Immediate openings and urgently hiring!
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a machinist preferably in a marine service organization,
2. Fully literate in the English language, able to demonstrate proficiency reading and writing. Additional language fluency a plus.
3. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints to determine specifications for parts to be manufactured or repaired.
4. Operate and maintain manual and computer-controlled machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and grinders.
5. Perform precision machining, such as drilling, turning, and milling, using various materials, including steel, aluminum, and other alloys.
6. Weld and fabricate parts as necessary to complete repairs or build new equipment.
7. Inspect and measure finished parts to ensure that they meet specifications and tolerances.
8. Use precision measuring tools, such as micrometers, gauges, and calipers, to ensure that parts meet specifications.
9. Install and test equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly.
10. Maintain equipment and machinery, including lubricating and cleaning parts, replacing worn or damaged parts, and performing routine maintenance tasks.
1. Responsible for maintaining a tidy and clean work environment at all times. Work areas to be cleaned up before the end of each day.
2. Responsible for notifying purchasing dept of any machine parts that require replacement and any materials that are getting low.
3. Reporting to work on time and ready to begin work each day at 0800.
4. Maintaining a working smart phone with a high-quality functioning camera.
5. Performing machining and fabrication to include production of tapered prop shafts in both metric and SAE tapers.
6. Cutting and milling of metric and SAE keyways and key stocks.
7. Cutting and machining of metric and SAE threads including tapered threads on pipe and round stock.
8. Pulling and replacing of propellers, shafts, and cutlass bearings on yachts.
9. Completing detailed written reports including photographs documenting each work assignment, using company software.
10. Working in conjunction with Marine Services and Yacht Management divisions to develop and implement solutions to complex problems in a time efficient manner.
11. Maintaining standards and accreditations by completing regular ongoing training to maintain and acquire new skills and capabilities.
12. Perform routine maintenance on all shop machines and equipment and troubleshoot and repair machines after wear or malfunction.
In addition to these responsibilities, the successful candidate working in the marine trade may also be responsible for collaborating with other professionals in the industry, including engineers, designers, and other tradespeople, to complete projects and solve complex problems. Effective communication skills are essential in this role, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, apply today and check out our website for more information!
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.