Lancaster, VA 22503 US
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a machinist preferably in a marine service organization,
- Fully literate in the English language, able to demonstrate proficiency reading and writing. Additional language fluency a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints to determine specifications for parts to be manufactured or repaired.
- Operate and maintain manual and computer-controlled machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and grinders.
- Perform precision machining, such as drilling, turning, and milling, using various materials, including steel, aluminum, and other alloys.
- Weld and fabricate parts as necessary to complete repairs or build new equipment.
- Inspect and measure finished parts to ensure that they meet specifications and tolerances.
- Use precision measuring tools, such as micrometers, gauges, and calipers, to ensure that parts meet specifications.
- Install and test equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Maintain equipment and machinery, including lubricating and cleaning parts, replacing worn or damaged parts, and performing routine maintenance tasks.