Marine Electronics Technician
Regina, VA 22503 VG
- Install, repair, and maintain a wide range of marine electronic systems, including radar, sonar, GPS, navigation systems, communication equipment, and more.
- Systems design and the design and installation of new communication networks in NMEA2000, Maretron, SeatalkNG and other proprietary protocols. All installs must strictly comply with ABYC and NMEA standards. Installations may require working aloft on tall sailboat masts.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electronic systems and networks to identify and rectify issues promptly, ensuring minimal downtime for vessels. This may include intensive investigation and the use of online and print manuals and resources.
- Perform routine inspections and preventive maintenance on electronic equipment to extend their lifespan and reduce the risk of failures at sea.
- Proficiently handle wiring and cabling tasks, ensuring that all connections are secure and meet safety standards.
- Proven experience as a Marine Electronics Technician or similar role in the marine industry. Experience with all major brands to include Simrad, Raymarine, Garmin, and Maretron equipment.
- Strong knowledge of marine electronic systems and equipment, including radar, sonar, GPS, and communication devices. Familiarity with NMEA2000, SeatalkNG, and other proprietary networks. Familiarity with ABYC and NMEA standards required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical school or certification in marine electronics is preferred. ABYC and NMEA certifications a plus and will be required after hire.