Fredericksburg, VA 22405 US
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team. Apply today and check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is seeking an OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST for a Home Health Service in Fredericksburg, VA. Great career opportunity with outstanding benefits.
Salary Range: $75K - $95K
- Assist the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function by applying diagnostic, and prognostic, procedures.
- Conduct initial, and ongoing, comprehensive assessments of the patient s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments.
- Evaluate the patient's significant other(s), and the home situation, to determine what instruction will be required and what family assistance will be available, in caring for the patient, as well as what other Agency and community services will be required.
- Ensure that the physician's orders are appropriate and discuss necessary changes.
- Assist in development, and implementation, of the interdisciplinary patient care plan to include Occupational Therapy, in consultation with the physician.
- Guide, and instruct, the patient in prescribed therapeutic self-care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and mental functioning.
- Instruct patient in care, and use, of wheelchairs, braces, splints, and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the family, and patient, in the total Occupational Therapy program and other related problems of the patient, at home.
- Makes arrangement for outpatient services when procedures are required that cannot be given in the home.
- Prepare clinical/progress notes, on the day of the visit, which are incorporated into the chart, within 72 hours.
- Communicate with the physician, on a regular basis, regarding patient's status, obtaining additional orders, if necessary.
- Supervise the Home Health Aide, per agency policy, when Occupational Therapy is the only professional discipline involved in the patient's care.
- Assume responsibility for self-development by continually striving to improve his/her health care knowledge through educational programs, attendance at workshops and conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations, and individual research and reading.
- Must be a graduate of an Occupational Therapy school, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association or successor organizations of ACOTE; and
- Is eligible to take, or has successfully completed, the entry-level certification examination for Occupational Therapists developed, and administered, by the National Board for Certification Occupational Therapy, Inc.(NBCOT)
- Preferably, should be a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Must be licensed, or registered, by the state of Virginia.
- Must have at least one year of institutional experience.
- Must have a criminal background check.
- Must have current CPR certification. On-line certification is not accepted.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.