CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, Apply today and Check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is seeking an experienced Pipe Welder in Hampton, VA.
Immediate openings and urgently hiring!
What We Offer:
Weekly Pay – you receive a paycheck every week
Must have four (4) years overall pipe welding experience plus shipyard/ship repair experience. TIG Welding
This position is responsible for welding pipe of various metals on a ship or in a shop to support mechanical repairs and modernization of marine vessels including US Naval, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships. The journeyman welder is also responsible for providing direction to assigned helpers. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards.
- PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found by writing condition reports that include recommended corrective action.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of TIG & SMAW welding process.
- Must possess a working knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe welding.
- Must be able to operate and care for welding equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
- Must be able to certify in P-3 joint with permanent backing ring, and P- 14 socket weld joint: SMAW, GTAW, FCAW.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.