Plant Process Modeler
Hampton, VA 23661 US
- Constructing and solving large 3-D finite element models of supplied electronic data for prediction and reduction of as-cast defects in our equiaxed and/or directionally solidified product lines.
- Development and improvement of the procedures, boundary conditions, material databases and application of process modeling for investment casting foundry applications.
- Application of general heat transfer and fluid dynamics modeling resources within Company's Engines.
- Advance the technical capability of Howmet’s castings through simulated design trade studies of the investment casting manufacturing process.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- The ability to set up and analyze fluid flow, heat transfer and stress/strain finite element models of Company's Engine manufacturing processes.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in finite element casting simulation, thermal analysis, stress/strain analysis or computational fluid dynamics analysis and advanced CAD experience required.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- More than three years industrial experience
- Knowledge and training in physical metallurgy and mechanics of materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment.
- Strong organizational skills
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, apply today and check out our website for more information.