Process Owner - Casting Foundry
Hampton, VA 23661 US
- Primary responsibility is the process ownership of mold preheat and casting. processes, including both VAR for Titanium and VIM for Superalloy.
- Will work in conjunction with Manufacturing & Engineering to support the overall Plant’s objectives.
- Author and approve work instructions for areas of responsibility.
- Drive standardized procedures using the scientific method and six sigma tools to reduce scrap and rework.
- Develop a processes/manufacturing best practices utilizing company MSAT corporate standards and the Corporate Casting Manual, with audit plans to facilitate continuous improvement activities.
- Report the company Casting MSAT status monthly, to include critical metrics.
- Provide specialist advice and lead projects in this area of expertise.
- Develop working knowledge of equipment and assist with diagnosing equipment issues.
- Responsible for determination of root cause of any deviation from critical process specification and developing a timely and formal reaction plan.
- Active member of Production and NPI part meetings with primary responsibility for developing certain process parameters.
- Write capital requests for new equipment and system upgrades.
- Opportunity to expand to other area(s) of Process Ownership.
- Ability to communicate with shop floor and management personnel
- Ability to organize, manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to apply engineering concepts to daily observations
- Must be able to apply principles of standard work
- Forward thinker – innovate when the opportunity is presented.
- Knowledge of MS Office, with above average capabilities in Excel and Minitab
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity/working knowledge with 3D modeling preferred (SolidWorks and/or ProCAST preferred)
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of Investment casting industry or related industry experience preferred.
- Leadership experience a plus.