Registered Physical Therapist
Fredericksburg, VA 22405 US
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team. Apply today and check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is seeking a REGISTERED PHYSICAL THERAPIST for a Home Health Service in Fredericksburg, VA. Great career opportunity with outstanding benefits.
Salary Range: $75K - $95K
Provide skilled Physical Therapy services, on an intermittent basis, to patients, in their homes, in accordance with physician orders.
- Provide initial, and ongoing, comprehensive assessments of the patient s needs, including Outcome and Assessment
Obtain a medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition.
- Evaluate the patient, the patient s significant other(s), and the home situation, to determine what instruction will be required, what assistance will be available from the family in caring for the patient, and what other Agency and community services will be required.
- Assist in development, and implementation, of the interdisciplinary patient care plan, as it pertains to Physical Therapy.
- Assist the physician in evaluating patients, by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint, and functional ability tests.
- Consult, and familiarize, staff regarding the established plan.
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the family, and patient, in the physical therapy program.
- Instruct patient in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic, and orthotic devices.
- Provide the equipment required to carry out the plan.
- Arrange for out-patient service, for procedures that cannot be given at home.
- Prepare an assessment of the patient's condition and periodic evaluations and summaries.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and paraprofessionals, as per Agency policy.
- Record, and report to the physician, the patient's reaction to treatment and /or any changes in the patient's condition.
- Communicate with the physician, at least every 30 days, or whenever changes occur, regarding the patient s status; obtain additional orders, if necessary.
- Communicate with other team members (including Home Health Aides) and, when appropriate, instruct them in certain phases of physical therapy they may use, while working with the patient.
- Write clinical/progress notes, on the date of the visit, and incorporate same, in the patient's record, within 72 hours.
- Participate in case conferences, physical therapy staff meetings, Agency activities, and in-service programs, as necessary.
- Supervise the Home Health Aide, every two weeks, when physical therapy is the only professional discipline involved in the patient's care and supervise the Physical Therapy Assistant, at least monthly.
- Participate with staff, patients, and physicians in discharge planning activities and complete a Physical Therapy Discharge Summary.
1. Successful completion of a Physical Therapist education program approved by one of the following:
1. The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
2. Successor organizations of CAPTE
3. An education program, outside the United States, determined to be substantially equivalent to physical therapist entry-level education in the United States, by a credential s evaluation organization, approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or an organization identified in 8 CFR 212.15 as it related to Physical Therapists; and
4. Passed an examination for Physical Therapist, approved by the state of Virginia, in which physical therapy services are provided.
1. Must be licensed, or registered, by the state of Virginia.
1. Must have, at least, one year of institutional/home health experience.
1. Must have a criminal background check.
1. Must have current CPR certification. Online certification is not accepted
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.