CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, Apply today and Check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is seeking an experienced Rigger in Norfolk, VA.
Immediate openings and urgently hiring!
What We Offer:
Weekly Pay – you receive a paycheck every week
The Rigger must possess knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to perform a full range of rigging duties, considering factors such as size, shape and location of the object and the availability and strength of overhead support structures.
- Proper use Chain Hoists (1 ton to 40 tons)-Rig Steel Piping, Machinery where Cranes are not available.
- Proper use of Wire Rope Lashing to Rig where lifting pads are not installed or available.
- Knowledge of Weight Calculations, Center of Gravity.
- How to apply Rigging Gear (Chain Hoists, Shackles, Wire Ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
- Knowledge of Rigging Knots, Splicing of Rope, Wire Rope Reeving and Seizing.
- Experience in Rigging Loads From a Crane Hook to other Rigging Points inside a Structure or Building.
- Have a thorough knowledge of rigging procedures and equipment.
- Able to work onboard ship doing Heavy Lifting, Climbing, Bending and Confined Spaces.
The following is a list of typical work that the Rigger might be asked to perform:
- Plan, lay out, assemble, repair and install complex weight handling gear and various standing and running rigging.
- Move ship engines, generators, turbines, pumps, boilers, structural shapes and plates, ordnance equipment such as bombs, torpedoes, and ammunition, and delicate electronic equipment such as sonar gear.
- Coordinate and arrange for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
There is a continuing requirement to test various gear for strength and safety.
As required the rigger assists divers in salvage work, move salvage equipment and raise objects to be salvaged.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.