Bremerton, WA 98312
- Competitive Compensation
- Contract to Hire Opportunity!
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, etc.
- Evaluates the work site to identify job hazards and establish appropriate controls that can encompass the full range of occupational safety and health hazards related to the ship-repair work environment.
- Coordinate with site personnel to address and enforce compliance with company safety policy, contract safety requirements, and state and federal regulatory compliance issues.
- Conducts accident investigations, studies, interprets results, presents specific conclusions, and makes recommendations to initiate corrective actions needed.
- Assist in developing safety and health training programs and conducts safety and health training at various work sites.
- Conducts daily safety inspections onboard ship and at other work sites.
- The Safety Specialist position is a physically demanding job and candidate must be able to move freely onboard ship to traverse tight passageways, squat, stand, climb vertical ladders, lift and carry 20 lbs. Of equipment, enter and exit confined spaces/tanks & voids and walk long distances to get too the worksite.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a safety person in the shipyard/ship repair work environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 & 1915 Standards.
- Knowledge of the NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Basic computer skills for writing reports and skills to communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge on use of technical equipment for noise monitoring, paint sampling and air monitoring.
- An active secret security clearance is preferred or applicant must be able to obtain a clearance.
- Active Shipyard Competent Person Certification
- HAZWOPER Certified
- RCRA Certified
- CPR & First Aid Training
EOE m/f vet #cb