CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, Apply today and Check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is seeking an experienced Shipfitter in Hampton, VA.
Immediate openings and urgently hiring!
What We Offer:
Weekly Pay – you receive a paycheck every week
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter
- Multi-Pass Tack Welding
- Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch
- Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
- Able to comprehend Drawings, Blueprints, Work Packages, Sketches to include
- weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines
- Able to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly
- Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging
- Able to use Molded Lines, Ship Reference Lines
- Able to Erect, Set, Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates, Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinal, and Trunks
- Able to Install/replace Hull Inserts, Penetrations, and Complex Foundations
Tack Welding Qualification: All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-Pass Stick Tack
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.