Newport News, VA 23606 US
CTR Group is currently seeking ALUMINUM MIG & TIG WELDERS for a Shipyard in New Orleans, LA, welding aluminum Coast Guard boats. Transitioning or former military personnel are also encouraged to apply. Seeking local personnel.
Pay Range: $21.15 - $27.15 per hour, depending on skill.
--1st Shift 4-10 s, Mon-Thurs 5: 30am-4pm
--2nd Shift 4: 30pm-3am.
--3rd Shift Fri-Sun 5am-5: 30pm. Work 3/12 s 36 hrs. Get paid for 40hrs
Work space; Enclosed/Shop
- Working some overtime maybe 15-20%. Not mandated. Optional.
- Great benefits package, family oriented work environment.
- Full benefits including a 50% match of 401k up to 5% deduction, 120 days of vacation, ST/LT disability, Medical, Vision, Dental insurance, educational assistance. 80 hours of holiday. Benefits from day 1. Mardi Gra Shutdown.
Will perform welding of aluminum materials in all positions. Must be able to work from standing, sitting, lying and kneeling positions. Some work must be accomplished with the use of mirror welding. Climbing on and over bulkheads, up and down ladders.
- Tack welding (kneeling, standing, sitting, lying, overhead burning of steel, dragging torch line)
- Use of jacks, porta-powers and come-a longs; some of which can weigh as much as 25 lbs.
- Lifting of material and tools (jacks, porta-powers, come-a longs, etc. Also loading and unloading of parts.
- Crawling through craft on top of tees and through manholes
- Bending and twisting of your body as needed to get into different compartments.
- Operation of cranes, forklifts
- Use of power tools (gougers, skill saws, cut saws, grinders). All require two hands on tools to operate in safe manner
- Walking on tops of frames and tees (uneven walking surfaces)
- Need to be able to work with your hands.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated skills based on the results of the welding test.
- Note: Level will be determined based on relevant experience, scope of role, skills, etc.
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, apply today and check out our website for more information.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.